Tuesday, July 16, 2013

the call

I was at the Roney's house in Provo, Utah and my family had just gotten back from Thailand.  They scanned my call and emailed it to me, and then the Roney's printed it out and put it in a cute envelope so I actually got to "open" my call.  It was fantastic.  It was also one of the most thrilling and nerve wracking moments of my life.  When I read those words "you are hereby called to serve as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" it all became real... and then I read "Dominican Republic" and FREAKED OUT.  No one knew why I started going crazy because I read those wonderful words in my head... and then I read them out loud and I heard my mom screaming through the phone on facetime, literally SCREAMING.  Boy do I wish I could go back to that moment.  it was so surreal.   Now it's three months later, and I'm leaving in a few short weeks.  Even more surreal, really! 




No comments:

Post a Comment